Wearable device faces many obstacles, which will lead to their influence on the market right now as good as tablet PCs and smart phones strong. Now, most wearable devices must be networked with a smartphone or tablet to play most of their functions.
Wearable device there is another problem, which is lack of consumer awareness. Consumers are unclear wearable devices will bring them any good. Market research firm BI Intelligence published a research report on the wearable computing market, it analyzes the obstacles to other popular wearable devices, including high prices, below normal function, not fashion design and so on.
BII also analyzed the wearable device market, long-term trends, forecast the wearable device shipments data, explaining the reason for the smart watch will be the lead in this market wearable devices.
The following are some of the key conclusions drawn BII research report:
· Wearable device market growth potential. BII estimated global wearable device market in the next five-year compound annual growth rate of 35% in shipments this year will be around 33 million units, is expected to 2019, when 148 million units will be increased.
· Smart Watch will be leading the wearable device market mainstream products, it wearable device shipments above proportion will continue to grow. BII estimate smart watch shipments in the next five-year compound annual growth rate of 41%. Smart watch this year in the wearable device market shipments accounted for more than 59% is expected in 2019 will increase to 70% of the time.
· Apple Watch will promote the growth of the smart watch market. Apple Watch smart watch this year shipments accounted for above 40%, is expected to 2017, when the peak or 48%.
· Fitness wristbands and other wearable devices will continue for a niche market. This year Fitness wristbands wearable devices will reach the market share of 36% is expected in 2019 will be reduced to 20% of the time. The boundaries between fitness wristband and smart watches will become increasingly blurred.
· Now Apple and Google have entered the smart watch market, they will be the two giants in the field of smart watch, just as they control the smartphone and tablet market place. Because these platforms occupy the entire mobile platform market share of more than 90%, a lot of interest in wearable device's mobile users will tend to choose Apple Watch and Android Wear-based smartwatch.
· Barriers will still exist, which is not conducive to improving the wearable device in the consumer awareness and usage. To become mainstream devices, smart watches must become a more stand-alone computing device. Screen size is too small, not fashion design, shorter battery life and lack of killer applications are dragged smartwatch universal factors.